Technology is on the march and air-conditioning is at the forefront. Modern air-conditioners, also called heat pumps, are extremely efficient. For every kW of electricity consumed, three or more kW of heating or cooling capacity can be produced.
If you bought your current air-conditioning system in the early 2000s you should be aware that it is very different to what’s available today.
Current air-conditioning technology is quieter, more adaptive to upgrades and being controlled remotely, has longer warranty periods and, best of all, is much cheaper to run.
The latest ducted systems can be as much as 25 per cent cheaper to run than a model that was installed in the early 2000s. As well as having much quieter operation, they can be controlled remotely.
Energy Ratings Systems has a range of system options. Replacement of your existing system may not be as expensive as you first think as in many cases existing ducting and pipework can be reused.
The South Australian Government recently gave this advice to householders: “Buying a new cooling appliance may also be a good time to consider your best options for heating as well. In South Australia, cooling may only be needed at times during a few months each year, while heating can be needed for up to six months. Installing heating and cooling appliances that complement each other, such as reverse-cycle air conditioning, can help reduce installation and running costs, and greenhouse gas emissions.”
Important facts you should know
- The average house has 10 rooms but usually only four inhabitants
- This means only three or four rooms are being used at any time
- Many ducted systems don’t give householders the chance to cool (or heat) individual rooms as the house is broken up into zones of multiple rooms
- This means the householders are paying to cool more rooms than they are using.
The solution to better efficiency
- More zones plus more airflow control adds up to comfort and energy efficiency
- MyAir is an innovative Australian-designed and manufactured control system offered by ERS. It is compatible with all major brands and addresses the major issue of system efficiency
- MyAir divides your house up into 10 zones. You can now control exactly what room you want cooled (or heated) and by how much
- Another option is sensors that automatically maintain a room’s air flow and temperature to a pre-set level
- Another advantage of MyAir’s technology is its use of motion sensors to detect if a room is unoccupied. It will decrease the level of cooling, saving the household 20 per cent in running costs. When the motion sensor detects that a person has returned to the room, it quickly restores the cooling to the pre-set level
- Another feature of MyAir’s is its Exact Air Regulators, which are fitted to existing ducting to precisely direct air flow to where it is needed most
- The easy-to-use MyAir control panel doubles as a tablet. Another option is a Smartphone download.
Please contact ERS on 1800 171 000 for further information.